Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The collection dates from the 1940s to 1986 and consists of photographs of Funderburg and other family members, clippings about Funderburg's medical contributions and his brother George's bronze star, and plaques related to his medical and civic service.
Overview The Lucille V. Hill papers contains items from 1942 to 1994 created by or about Lucille V. Hill and her son, James A. Hill, Jr., of Oregon and includes invitations, certificates, newspaper articles, yearbooks of Tuskegee Institute, plaques, photographs, a scrapbook, event programs, videotapes and audiotapes, books, and artifacts, high school newsletters, political campaign materials, and photographs. The collection documents Lucille Hill's involvement in community development and the provision...
Overview The National Conclave of Grady Graduate Nurses, an organization of professional nurse graduates of Grady Memorial Hospital School of Nursing in Atlanta, is devoted to maintaining and publicizing the history of the school, which existed 1917-1982, and its founder, Mrs. Ludie Andrews; to fostering high standards of nursing and health care; and to engaging the issues facing African Americans in the nursing profession. The collection contains the Conclave's records and personal papers of members,...
Overview The collection, spanning from 1956 to 1994, consists of works in print, written by and about T. M. Alexander, Sr., an audiocassette, photographs, plaques, posters, and correspondence covering his professional, political, civil rights, and community involvement. Of special note are the unpublished manuscript, The Montgomery Boycott: The King and I, an account of T.M. Alexander, Sr.'s role in the civil rights movement in Montgomery and Atlanta, and insurance...
- Subject: Plaques (flat objects) X
- Alexander and Co. (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Alexander, T. M. (Theodore Martin) 1
- Andrews, Ludie, 1875-1969 1
- Atlanta Southside Community Health Center. 1
- Funderburg, Frederick Douglass, 1889- 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.). Municipal Training School for Colored Nurses. 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.). School of Nursing. 1
- Hill, James A., 1947- 1
- Hill, Lucille V. 1
- Morehouse College (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- National Conclave of Grady Graduate Nurses. 1
- Oregon. Treasurer's Office 1
- Southeastern Fidelity Fire Insurance Co.. 1
- Tuskegee Institute 1 ∧ less