Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Overview The collection consists of one box with six folders containing minutes of meetings of the Board of Trustees of Bethune-Cookman College (1937, 1944, 1945), the College's 1937 annual report, the fortieth anniversary bulletin of the Afro-American Life Insurance Company (1941), and ephemera.
Overview The collection spans 1886 to 1994 and consists of photographs depicting Shorter family members and friends dating from 1907 to 1920, legal and financial documents including deeds, titles, and Henry F. Shorter, Sr.'s will, correspondence, minutes of the New Hope Missionary Baptist Sunday School convention in 1904, and a set of picture postcards of Muscle Shoals and Florence, Alabama.
Scope and Content Note The First Congregational Church Records is 16 linear feet and date from 1874 through 1995. Found within the collection are Church History Records, Church Order of Service, Church Financial Records, Church Administrative Records, Church Anniversaries, Programs and Events, Church Social Clubs, Church Pastor’s Newsletters, Seasonal Greeting and Invitation Cards , and Church Photograph Collection.
Overview The collection consists of papers of Henry J. and Florine Dyer Furlow from 1938-1986. The papers include correspondence, photographs, printed material, scrapbooks, ephemera, and sheet music documenting the Furlows' activities as music leaders at Big Bethel A.M.E. Church (Atlanta, Ga.) and their involvement in educational and civic organizations in Georgia. Of particular interest are the programs, scripts, costumes, and publicity materials pertaining to the pageant "Heaven Bound." The collection...
Overview The collection consists of the records of the Atlanta Chapter of The Links, Inc., from 1953-1991. Series 1 contains materials relating to the National Association and includes charters, organizational manuals, programs, conference proceedings, newsletters and journals, membership directories, photographs, and invitations. Series 2 contains material pertaining to the Southern Area organization. Series 3 contains documents relating to the Atlanta Chapter and includes correspondence, minutes and...
Overview The collection consists of the papers of Moses Amos and his nephew Miles Green Amos from 1880-1972. Includes Miles G. Amos' school papers from Wilberforce University, personal and professional correspondence, financial records, printed material, newspaper clippings, and photographs. The materials document the Amos' careers as pioneer African-American pharmacists in Georgia, the Amos drugstore, and Miles G. Amos' activities in Atlanta's civic and political affairs. The collection also includes...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1935-1970; Bulk, 1935-1970 1880-1972 1935-1970
Overview The National Black Arts Festival collection consists of items from the years 1988 through 1998 and contains commemorative textiles including tee shirts, caps, sweatshirts, and canvas tote bags, as well as ephemera such as buttons, compact disc recordings, program guides, brochures, exhibit catalogs and guides, fliers, promotional packages, annual reports, essays, pamphlets, clipings, poetry, audiocassette tapes, photographs, financial records, administrative records, correspondence, folk arts...
Overview The National Conclave of Grady Graduate Nurses, an organization of professional nurse graduates of Grady Memorial Hospital School of Nursing in Atlanta, is devoted to maintaining and publicizing the history of the school, which existed 1917-1982, and its founder, Mrs. Ludie Andrews; to fostering high standards of nursing and health care; and to engaging the issues facing African Americans in the nursing profession. The collection contains the Conclave's records and personal papers of members,...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1972-2003; Bulk, 1972-2003 1917-2003 1972-2003
Overview The collection consists of the program files of the Neighborhood Arts Center in Atlanta, Georgia, from the years 1979-1989 and includes a history of the Neighborhood Arts Center, information from the Board of Directors and their meetings, committee reports, profiles of members of the Board of Directors, correspondence, memos, office files, information on leasing space, budgets and funding sources, and information on program activities.
Overview The collection consists of papers of Ruby Parks Blackburn from 1933-1982. The papers include correspondence, financial records, minutes, scrapbooks, photographs, ledgers, ephemera, and political broadsides. The materials document Blackburn's involvement with the T.I.C. (To Improve Conditions) Club, the Atlanta Cultural League, and Ruby's Beauty Shop. Of particular interest are minutes (1954-1956, 1971-1976) and voter lists (1965-1975) of the Georgia League of Negro Women Voters and minutes...
- Subject: Minutes (administrative records) X
- 27 Club (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Afro-American Life Insurance Company 1
- Amos Drug Store (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Amos, India D., 1908-1979 1
- Amos, Miles G., 1898-1995 1
- Amos, Moses, 1866-1928 1
- Andrews, Ludie, 1875-1969 1
- Atlanta Cultural League (Ga.). 1
- Bethune-Cookman College (Daytona Beach, Fla.) 1
- Big Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Blackburn, Ruby Parks, 1901-1982 1
- Bond, Julian, 1940-2015 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- First Congregational Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Freemasons. Prince Hall Grand Lodge (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Furlow, Florine D., 1903-1987 1
- Furlow, Henry J., 1902-1986 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.). Municipal Training School for Colored Nurses. 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.). School of Nursing. 1
- Hunter-Gault, Charlayne 1
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 1
- League of Negro Women Voters of Georgia. 1
- Lewis, A. L. (Abraham Lincoln), 1865-1947 1
- Links, Inc.. Atlanta Chapter 1
- National Black Arts Festival, Inc. 1
- National Conclave of Grady Graduate Nurses. 1
- Neighborhood Arts Center (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Order of the Eastern Star. Ruth Chapter (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Ruby's Beauty Shop (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Shorter family 1
- Shorter, Henry F. 1
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority 1
- Simon, E. L. 1
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 1
- Thomas, Jesse O., 1885- 1
- Toomer, Fred A., (Fred Armon), 1889-1961 1
- Utopian Literary Club (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- W.G.M. Club (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Wilberforce University 1 ∧ less