Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 23
Overview The collection contains items from 1922 to 1956 including a daybook, two scrapbooks, a magazine, correspondence, a brief biography of Ann Cooper prepared for the Utopian Literary Club, photographs, and posters that document life in Atlanta's African American community and Ann N. Cooper and her husband, dentist Albert Berry Cooper in particular. |bOf particular note are the aviation scrapbook compiled by Albert Cooper containing information about African American pilots, a scrapbook compiled by...
Overview The collection contains documents spanning the dates from 1865 to 1989, with the bulk of the material from the period 1882-1865, and relating to the history and operation of Atlanta University and later Atlanta University Center, including newspaper clippings, ephemera, presidential reports, general correspondence, financial documents, photographs, legal documents, and essays, memoirs, and speeches.
Overview The collection documents the Bondurant family through correspondence and photographs dated from 1917 as well as Augustus Trammel's life as an African American farmer near Villa Rica, Georgia from 1907-1942 through his financial papers.
Overview The collection, covering the 1940s through 1994, contains photographs of Dr. Alpha Omega Campbell and his family as well as the hospital he established, two newspaper articles on Dr. Campbell, and correspondence concerning a 1994 proposed bicycle path in Tallahassee to be named after the Campbell family.
Overview The collection spans 1886 to 1994 and consists of photographs depicting Shorter family members and friends dating from 1907 to 1920, legal and financial documents including deeds, titles, and Henry F. Shorter, Sr.'s will, correspondence, minutes of the New Hope Missionary Baptist Sunday School convention in 1904, and a set of picture postcards of Muscle Shoals and Florence, Alabama.
Scope and Contents The Dr. Robert A. Holmes Papers cover the years 1916 to 2018. The collection contains materials from his time in the Georgia legislature his consultations and his writings. Specific materials include; correspondence, awards, programs, published journals and essays, unpublished essays, handwritten and typed manuscripts, campaign materials, legislature, press releases, photographs and audio visual material.
Overview The collection, containing letters, newspaper clippings, a poster, photographs, certificates, and forms dated between 1903 and 1989, documents Clemons' professional life as a pharmacist in Tennessee and Florida as well as the faculty and students of Meharry Medical College, a medical school for African Americans, circa 1903.
Overview The collection contains yearbooks, textbooks, information on the birth of the high school, general correspondence, newsletters, photographs, and artifacts including class rings, a sweatshirt, and a trophy documenting student life and school operations at Drexel Catholic High School in Atlanta, Georgia, from 1964 through 1967.
Overview The collection contains four letters written in May and June of 1945 from "Frankie" Francis Menso stationed in Miami, Florida, to his girlfriend Selma M. Pooch of Jacksonville, Florida as well as 35 black and white photographs of pin-ups.
- Subject: Correspondence X
- Alexander and Co. (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Alexander, T. M. (Theodore Martin) 1
- Atlanta Public Schools 1
- Atlanta University 1
- Blayton, Jesse B., Sr., 1897-1977 1
- Bond, Julian, 1940-2015 1
- Bondurant family 1
- Brown, Paul E. X., 1910-2007 1
- Campbell, Alpha Omega 1
- Clemons, Solomon C., d. 1949 1
- Cooper, Albert Berry, 1899-1967 1
- Cooper, Ann Louise Nixon, 1902- 1
- Davis, Griffith J., 1923-1993 1
- Davis, Samuel L., 1903-1978 1
- Drexel Catholic High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- First Congregational Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Gordon family 1
- Guyse, Sheila 1
- Harris, Joe Frank 1
- Haugabrooks, Geneva, 1890-1977 1
- Horne, Lena 1
- Jackson family 1
- Laura Bell Memorial Hospital and Campbell Clinic (Tallahassee, Fla.). 1
- Lee, Sanford Henry, 1878-1958 1
- Massachusetts Black Legislative Caucus. 1
- McLester family 1
- Menso, Francis J. 1
- Morehouse College (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Black Arts Festival, Inc. 1
- Neighborhood Arts Center (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Phoenix Arts and Theatre Company. 1
- Pooch, Selma M. 1
- Scott, Hazel 1
- Shorter family 1
- Shorter, Henry F. 1
- Sikes, Janice White 1
- Southeastern Fidelity Fire Insurance Co.. 1
- Trammel, Augustus 1
- United States. Navy 1
- United States. Navy Bombing Squadron A. 1
- WERD (Radio station : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Walden University (Nashville, Tenn.). Meharry Medical Department 1
- West End Neighborhood Development. 1
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 1 ∧ less