Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview The collection contains documents spanning the dates from 1865 to 1989, with the bulk of the material from the period 1882-1865, and relating to the history and operation of Atlanta University and later Atlanta University Center, including newspaper clippings, ephemera, presidential reports, general correspondence, financial documents, photographs, legal documents, and essays, memoirs, and speeches.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1882-1965; Bulk, 1882-1965 1865-1994 1882-1965
Scope and Contents note The Charmayne Johnson family papers, 1900-1998, include awards, certificates, cards, church bulletins, correspondence, funeral programs, materials related to education, legal documents, newsletters, photographs, yearbooks, and other items collected by various members of the Brooks and Johnson families. A portion of the collection consists of papers related to the education of Albert and Georgia Brooks. These include but are not limited to school assignments and report cards, alumni materials,...
Dates: 1900-1998, undated
Scope and Contents The Dr. Robert A. Holmes Papers cover the years 1916 to 2018. The collection contains materials from his time in the Georgia legislature his consultations and his writings. Specific materials include; correspondence, awards, programs, published journals and essays, unpublished essays, handwritten and typed manuscripts, campaign materials, legislature, press releases, photographs and audio visual material.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1916 - 2018
Overview The Evelyn J. Frazier Papers, 1939-2005, document Frazier's business, civic, educational, and political activities through artifacts, correspondence, certificates, diplomas, licenses, ephemera, news clippings, photographs, scrapbooks, and various printed materials. In addition to owning and operating Frazier's Cafe Society, Frazier was involved locally and nationally with numerous institutions and organizations, including the Association of Negro Business and Professional Women's Clubs, Morris...
Overview The collection, spanning 1934 to 1993 with the bulk from 1951 to 1986, consists of Jessie Thelma Beasley Archer's personal papers and documents her professional life at Morehouse College, involvement in various social, religious, and professional organizations including the Q-Ettes, the Professional Secretaries Club, and Professional Women of Atlanta, and several historically black colleges and universities including Spelman College, Atlanta University, Morehouse College, Tuskegee Institute,...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1951-1986; Bulk, 1951-1986 1934-1993 1951-1986
Overview The collection consists of papers of Samuel Howard Archer from ca. 1898-1990. The papers include some personal correspondence (1923-1937) including letters of recommendation (1898-1902), newspaper clippings, tributes, and letters of condolence from academic institutions throughout the South regarding Archer's death. Other materials relating to Archer include records documenting his involvement in Omega Psi Phi Fraternity; Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.); awards and certificates;...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1923-1941; Bulk, 1923-1941 [ca. 1898-1990] 1923-1941
Overview The collection consists of the papers of William B. Matthews from 1899-1925. Includes primarily correspondence, printed materials, ephemera, and photographs. The papers document Matthew's career in education; his involvement in the National Negro Business League, the Knights of Pythias, the First Congregational Church (Atlanta, Ga.), and Atlanta University. The collection also includes over 70 photographs and tintypes dating from the turn of the century.
- Subject: African American universities and colleges--Georgia. X
- Archer, Jessie Thelma Beasley, 1903-1999 2
- Atlanta University 2
- Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Morehouse College (Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- American Business Women's Association. Tara Chapter 1
- Archer, Nelson T. 1
- Archer, Samuel Howard 1
- Archer, Samuel Howard, 1870-1941 1
- Big Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brooks family 1
- Brooks, Albert Irvin, 1908-1997 1
- Brooks, Belle Bishop, 1910-1988 1
- Clark University (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Evelyn Jones Cafe (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- First Congregational Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Frazier's Cafe Society (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Frazier, Evelyn J., 1912-2007 1
- Hawk, DeLoys, 1933-1981 1
- Iota Phi Lambda Sorority. Delta Chapter. 1
- Johnson family 1
- Johnson, Charmayne, 1953- 1
- Knights of Pythias 1
- Matthews, W. B., (William B.) 1
- Metropolitan Atlanta Republican Women's Club. 1
- Morris Brown College 1
- Morris Brown College National Alumni Association. 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Association of Negro Business and Professional Women's Clubs 1
- National Negro Business League (U.S.) 1
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity 1
- Southwest Fulton Republican Women's Club. 1
- Spelman College 1
- Tennessee Agricultural and Industrial State College 1 ∧ less