Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview Records of the Atlanta Life Insurance Company from 1894-1994, 2000 which primarily document the operation of the company, and to a lesser extent, the role it played in Atlanta's African-American community. The record include officer's files; financial records; insurance policies and claims; Atlanta Life publications and printed material; non Atlanta Life publications and printed material; and architectural drawings, calendars, certificates and diplomas.
Overview The papers comprise plaques of awards and honors received by Haugabrooks from 1965 to 1972, papers, correspondence, telegrams of congratulations, one framed letter of congratulations from former Georgia Governor Joe Frank Harris, and an enlarged poster-sized photograph of Mrs. Haugabrooks and former Atlanta Mayor Andrew Young. The collection is rich for research on Atlanta's African American life, in particular its business and civic leaders, churches, organizations, and female entrepreneurs.
Overview The collection consists of papers of James Neal Montgomery from 1922-1975. The papers include correspondence, financial records, printed material, photographs, and newspaper clippings. The materials document Montgomery's business activities in the entertainment field and include financial records and correspondence pertaining to the Southeastern Artists, Inc. (1944-1949) and the Sunset Casino (1943-1947); flyers, publicity announcements, concert announcements, and programs for various...
- Subject: African American business enterprises -- Georgia X
- Atlanta Life Insurance Company 1
- Brown, Henry N. 1
- Collins, Helen J., 1911- 1
- Greene, Charles W., -1974 1
- Harris, Joe Frank 1
- Haugabrooks, Geneva, 1890-1977 1
- Herndon, Alonzo, 1858- 1
- Herndon, Norris B., 1897-1977 1
- Hill, Jesse, 1927- 1
- Martin, Eugene M., 1888-1969 1
- Montgomery, James Neal, 1903- 1
- Palmer, James D. 1
- Simon, Edward L., 1908- 1
- Smith, Walter H., -1972 1
- Southeastern Artists, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Sunset Casino (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 1 ∧ less