Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The collection consists of the papers of Annie L. McPheeters from 1945-1990. Includes correspondence, reports, notes, photographs, and a variety of printed materials which are largely clippings, brochures, pamphlets, journals, and books. Much of the collection relates to McPheeters' personal involvement with the Auburn and the West Hunter Branches of the Atlanta Public Library, the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, the Warren Memorial United Methodist Church, and the Utopian Literary Club. Other...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of bibliographies, correspondence, and research materials pertaining to Latin American authors and literature, in addition to conference papers and documents from the 1973 Phyllis Wheatley Poetry Festival held at Jackson State College in Jackson Mississippi. These documents were compiled by librarian and bibliophile Dorothy Porter Wesley.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1932 - 1975
Overview The collection contains a scrapbook covering the period of 1919 to 1996 that includes documents club activities, minutes from 1985 to 1996, program announcements, biographical sketches of performers, and a proclamation from former Atlanta Mayor Bill Campbell declaring Utopian Literary Club day.
- Subject: Literature--Societies, etc. X
- African American librarians--Georgia. 1
- African American women--Georgia--Fulton County--Social life and customs. 1
- African American women--Georgia--Societies and clubs. 1
- African American women--Societies and clubs. 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Greek letter societies--Georgia. 1
- Libraries--Georgia. 1
- Minutes (administrative records) 1
- Proclamations 1
- Programs (documents) 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Women librarians -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- Utopian Literary Club (Atlanta, Ga.). 2
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Atlanta Public Library. Auburn Branch 1
- Atlanta Public Library. West Hunter Branch 1
- McPheeters, Annie L. 1