Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 22
Overview The Annabelle Thompson Kilgore collection contains items from 1966-1994 that document Kilgore's personal and professional life both as a photographer and educator and includes a profile, newspaper clippings, photographs of Atlanta, Africa, and African American photographers James Van Der Zeee and Prentice Harmon (P. H.) Polk, four of which are known to be the work of Mrs. Kilgore, a playbill for Katherine Dunham and her company, programs, brochures, and display materials on African American...
Overview The collection contains documents spanning the dates from 1865 to 1989, with the bulk of the material from the period 1882-1865, and relating to the history and operation of Atlanta University and later Atlanta University Center, including newspaper clippings, ephemera, presidential reports, general correspondence, financial documents, photographs, legal documents, and essays, memoirs, and speeches.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1882-1965; Bulk, 1882-1965 1865-1994 1882-1965
Overview The collection consists of public relations flyers and programs, bibliographies, a history of the Auburn Avenue branch, and articles about early library service to African Americans in Atlanta. It documents the activities of the Auburn and West Hunter branches of the Atlanta Public library from 1950-1957, library service to African Americans during that period, and the social and educational activities of the Auburn Avenue community.
Overview The collection, created by Atlanta University scholar David Frederick Dorsey, consists of programs, newsletters, flyers, and clippings related to dance and other performing arts between 1972 and 1990 and pamphlets and reports dated 1928 and from 1979 to 1983 documenting the political situation in southern Africa. The Alvin Ailey Dance Theater, the Atlanta Ballet, Jomandi Productions, Clark Atlanta University student groups, and international dance troupes are represented within the collection.
Overview The collection, covering the 1940s through 1994, contains photographs of Dr. Alpha Omega Campbell and his family as well as the hospital he established, two newspaper articles on Dr. Campbell, and correspondence concerning a 1994 proposed bicycle path in Tallahassee to be named after the Campbell family.
Dates: ca. 1940-1994
Overview The collection contains six volumes of Capital Avenue Elementary School publications from 1972 through 1973, Cooper Street Elementary School publications from 1970 through 1972, biographical information about Atlanta educator Dr. Claude C. George, Jr. and other family members, clippings from the Atlanta constitution and Atlanta daily world from 1957 through 1964, pamphlets, periodicals, essays, and other publications relating to the Atlanta public schools (1974-1990), and a diploma from...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1971-1990; Bulk, 1971-1990 1912-1996 1971-1990
Overview The collection dates from the 1940s to 1986 and consists of photographs of Funderburg and other family members, clippings about Funderburg's medical contributions and his brother George's bronze star, and plaques related to his medical and civic service.
Dates: [ca. 1940]-1986
Overview The collection, containing letters, newspaper clippings, a poster, photographs, certificates, and forms dated between 1903 and 1989, documents Clemons' professional life as a pharmacist in Tennessee and Florida as well as the faculty and students of Meharry Medical College, a medical school for African Americans, circa 1903.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1903-1914; Bulk, 1903-1914 1903-1989 1903-1914
Overview The collection contains three scrapbooks that include photographs of Joe Louis in boxing rings, and with friends and family, as well as newspaper clippings of Joe Louis and other notable African American men and women.
Overview The scrapbook contains newspaper clippings and photographs relating to the Nation of Islam from 1963 through 1965, as well as certificates for Eugene Cooksey from the same years from the Cooper Street School, psychiatric attendant nurse training, civil defense courses, Red Cross home nursing course, medical self-help training course, and International Correspondence Schools.
- Subject: Clippings (information artifacts) X
- Atlanta Public Schools 2
- Atlanta University 2
- Cooksey, Eugene V. 2
- Lee, Sanford Henry, 1878-1958 2
- Allen family 1
- Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation 1
- American Business Women's Association. Tara Chapter 1
- Archer, Jessie Thelma Beasley, 1903-1999 1
- Atlanta Civic Ballet 1
- Atlanta Public Library. Auburn Branch 1
- Atlanta Public Library. West Hunter Branch 1
- Atlanta Southside Community Health Center. 1
- Bond, Julian, 1940-2015 1
- Campbell, Alpha Omega 1
- Capital Avenue Elementary School (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Clemons, Solomon C., d. 1949 1
- Cooper Street Elementary School (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Davis, Samuel L., 1903-1978 1
- Decatur (Ga.). Police Department 1
- Dorsey, David F. 1
- Elijah Muhammad, 1897-1975 1
- Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Funderburg, Frederick Douglass, 1889- 1
- George family 1
- George, Claude Clarence, 1922- 1
- Gordon family 1
- Hill, James A., 1947- 1
- Hill, Lucille V. 1
- Hunt family 1
- Hunt, Portia Allen, 1922-1992 1
- Jackson family 1
- Jomandi Productions. 1
- Kilgore, Annabelle Thompson, 1924- 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Laura Bell Memorial Hospital and Campbell Clinic (Tallahassee, Fla.). 1
- Lee, Jereleen Hawkins 1
- Louis, Joe, 1914-1981 1
- Malone, James H. (James Hiram), 1930- 1
- Massachusetts Black Legislative Caucus. 1
- McLester family 1
- Morehouse College (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Black Arts Festival, Inc. 1
- Oregon. Treasurer's Office 1
- Sikes, Janice White 1
- Simon, Marguerite F. 1
- Spelman College 1
- Strickland, Willard L., 1922-1989 1
- Tuskegee Institute 1
- Walden University (Nashville, Tenn.). Meharry Medical Department 1
- West End Neighborhood Development. 1
- X, Malcolm, 1925-1965 1 ∧ less