Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The Evelyn J. Frazier Papers, 1939-2005, document Frazier's business, civic, educational, and political activities through artifacts, correspondence, certificates, diplomas, licenses, ephemera, news clippings, photographs, scrapbooks, and various printed materials. In addition to owning and operating Frazier's Cafe Society, Frazier was involved locally and nationally with numerous institutions and organizations, including the Association of Negro Business and Professional Women's Clubs, Morris...
Overview The papers comprise plaques of awards and honors received by Haugabrooks from 1965 to 1972, papers, correspondence, telegrams of congratulations, one framed letter of congratulations from former Georgia Governor Joe Frank Harris, and an enlarged poster-sized photograph of Mrs. Haugabrooks and former Atlanta Mayor Andrew Young. The collection is rich for research on Atlanta's African American life, in particular its business and civic leaders, churches, organizations, and female entrepreneurs.
Overview The Portia Allen Hunt family papers includes obituaries, photographs, newspaper clippings, certificates, and correspondence from the period of 1959 to 1992 and documents the Hunt family's life in Atlanta with an emphasis on Portia Allen Hunt.
- Subject: Atlanta (Ga.)--Social life and customs--20th century. X
- Allen family 1
- Big Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Evelyn Jones Cafe (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Frazier's Cafe Society (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Frazier, Evelyn J., 1912-2007 1
- Harris, Joe Frank 1
- Haugabrooks, Geneva, 1890-1977 1
- Hunt family 1
- Hunt, Portia Allen, 1922-1992 1
- Iota Phi Lambda Sorority. Delta Chapter. 1
- Metropolitan Atlanta Republican Women's Club. 1
- Morris Brown College 1
- Morris Brown College National Alumni Association. 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Association of Negro Business and Professional Women's Clubs 1
- Southwest Fulton Republican Women's Club. 1
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 1 ∧ less