Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents note The Andrew J. Young Papers document his career and family life spanning more than 50 years, including his positions as a minister, civil rights activist, Congressman, Ambassador to the United Nations, Mayor of Atlanta, Co-Chair of the 1996 Atlanta Committee of the Olympic Games, and his involvement with Law Companies Group, Inc. and GoodWorks International. The collection contains correspondence, speeches, press releases, calendars, books, minutes, reports, publications, articles,...
Overview The collection covers the period from 1969 to 1996 and contains correspondence, organizational and institutional material related to the Voter Education Project, Political Associates, and The Southern Elections Fund, stationery, clippings, newsletters, political ephemera, articles and a book written by Julian Bond as well as items relating to the African American political life and Constance Curry's history of race relations and integration in Sunflower County (Miss.), Silver rights.
Overview The collection consists of materials from the years 1913 through 1998 that document African American author and activist Amiri Baraka and were gathered by Dr. Komozi Woodard in the course of his research. The extensive documentation includes poetry, organizational records, print publications, articles, plays, speeches, personal correspondence, oral histories, as well as some personal records. The materials cover Baraka's involvement in the politics in Newark, N.J. and in Black Power movement...
Scope and Contents note The Lorenzo Benn papers consist of biographical information, correspondence, financial records, publications, legislative works, and photographs. There is also a desk plate and funeral program of Lorenzo Benn.
- Subject: African Americans--Politics and government--20th century X
- Atlanta Community Relations Commission 1
- Baraka, Amiri, 1934-2014 1
- Bond, Julian, 1940-2015 1
- GoodWorks International. 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Social Change 1
- Massachusetts Black Legislative Caucus. 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America 1
- Olympic Games (26th ) (1996 : Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference 1
- United Church of Christ. 1
- United Nations 1
- Woodard, Komozi 1
- Young Ideas, Inc. 1
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 1 ∧ less