Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents The Dr. Robert A. Holmes Papers cover the years 1916 to 2018. The collection contains materials from his time in the Georgia legislature his consultations and his writings. Specific materials include; correspondence, awards, programs, published journals and essays, unpublished essays, handwritten and typed manuscripts, campaign materials, legislature, press releases, photographs and audio visual material.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of awards, campaign documentation, letters of coorespondance, newspaper clippings and copies, personal papers, notes, research, and photographs of and belonging to Mrs. Frankie Arnold dating from 1968-2014.
Scope and Contents note The Lorenzo Benn papers consist of biographical information, correspondence, financial records, publications, legislative works, and photographs. There is also a desk plate and funeral program of Lorenzo Benn.
Overview The collection consists of the transcript of an oral history interview with Annie L. McPheeters on June 8, 1992 conducted by Kathy Nasstrom, of the Georgia Government Documentation Project at Georgia State University. During the interview, McPheeters discusses why she became a librarian; library's 1930 adult education program; John Wesley Dobbs; black libraries provide information for political, civic and voters leagues; Dr. Clarence A. Bacote; Reverend William Holmes Borders; Warren Cochran of...
- Subject: African Americans--Political activity--Georgia X
- Atlanta Council on Human Relations. 1
- Atlanta Housing Authority 1
- Atlanta Life Insurance Company 1
- Atlanta Negro Voters League 1
- Atlanta-Fulton Public Library 1
- Auburn Avenue Research Library on African-American Culture and History 1
- Bacote, Clarence A., 1906-1981 1
- Blackburn, Ruby Parks, 1901-1982 1
- Bond, Julian, 1940-2015 1
- Borders, William Holmes, 1905-1993 1
- Bowen, Margaret Davis, -1976 1
- Brooks, Hallie Beachem 1
- Cochran, Warren 1
- Dobbs, John Wesley, 1931- 1
- Georgia Government Documentation Project. 1
- Georgia State University 1
- Georgia. General Assembly. Committee on Schools 1
- Hartsfield, William Berry 1
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- King, Nina 1
- McPheeters, Annie L. 1
- Metropolitan Atlanta Association for the Blind. 1
- Nasstrom, Kathryn L. 1
- Settelmayer, John C. (John Carl), 1910- 1
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.) 1
- Young, Whitney M. 1 ∧ less