Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Overview Records of the Atlanta Life Insurance Company from 1894-1994, 2000 which primarily document the operation of the company, and to a lesser extent, the role it played in Atlanta's African-American community. The record include officer's files; financial records; insurance policies and claims; Atlanta Life publications and printed material; non Atlanta Life publications and printed material; and architectural drawings, calendars, certificates and diplomas.
Scope and Contents note The Charmayne Johnson family papers, 1900-1998, include awards, certificates, cards, church bulletins, correspondence, funeral programs, materials related to education, legal documents, newsletters, photographs, yearbooks, and other items collected by various members of the Brooks and Johnson families. A portion of the collection consists of papers related to the education of Albert and Georgia Brooks. These include but are not limited to school assignments and report cards, alumni materials,...
Overview The collection consists of papers of Ella Mae Brayboy from 1935-1994 (bulk 1970-1991). The papers include correspondence, photographs, clippings, plaques, certificates, and printed material. The materials document Brayboy's activities with the Community Council of Atlanta (1973-1976), the Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change (1975-1989), the United Methodist Church, the use of the Atlanta Public Library for voter registration, and the Council on Battered Women (Atlanta,...
Overview The collection, spanning from 1989 to 1993, consists of two scrapbooks containing correspondence, testimonials, proclamations, pictures, certificates, and newspaper articles, as well as a collection of photographs of noted individuals who patronized the Majestic Shoe Shop including President George Bush, Georgia Governor Zell Miller, and Atlanta Mayor Maynard Jackson.
Overview The collection contains: Three (3) photo albums of Mrs. Hamme's family life; Mrs. Hamme's personal correspondence, flyers, newsletters, news article, books and pamphlets; Morris Brown College papers and other related items; Mrs. Hamme's collection of papers from the Friendship Baptist Church as Deaconess Board member and some papers from Westhills Presbyterian Church; Mrs. Hamme's father, Mr. Burwell T. Harvey, biographical sketch including poems, congratulations card and a newspaper clippings...
Scope and Contents The John Wesley Dobbs / Prince Hall Mason Collection consists of 2.5 linear feet of materials, 1950 to 1968. Arranged in two series: Personal papers, and Photographs which appears to be items that belong to Mr. Joseph Phinazee.
Overview The collection consists of the records of the Atlanta Chapter of The Links, Inc., from 1953-1991. Series 1 contains materials relating to the National Association and includes charters, organizational manuals, programs, conference proceedings, newsletters and journals, membership directories, photographs, and invitations. Series 2 contains material pertaining to the Southern Area organization. Series 3 contains documents relating to the Atlanta Chapter and includes correspondence, minutes and...
Overview Taped interviews, radio programs, transcripts of some of the interviews, material relating to funding, and background research, of the oral history project Living Atlanta: an Oral History of the City Between the World Wars, produced by Radio Free Georgia Broadcasting Foundation between 1977 and 1978. Topics include Atlanta Crackers baseball team, blues, business, economic conditions, education, Jews, Ku Klux Klan, police, politics and government, race relations, and social life. Persons...
Overview The Pitts Family Papers contains letters, photographs, and a family history written in April 2000. The one (1) box collection that contains information from 1938 to 2000.
Overview The collection consists of papers of Ruby Parks Blackburn from 1933-1982. The papers include correspondence, financial records, minutes, scrapbooks, photographs, ledgers, ephemera, and political broadsides. The materials document Blackburn's involvement with the T.I.C. (To Improve Conditions) Club, the Atlanta Cultural League, and Ruby's Beauty Shop. Of particular interest are minutes (1954-1956, 1971-1976) and voter lists (1965-1975) of the Georgia League of Negro Women Voters and minutes...
- Subject: African Americans--Georgia X
- Hill, Jesse, 1927- 2
- Atlanta Cultural League (Ga.). 1
- Atlanta Life Insurance Company 1
- Atlanta Public Library 1
- Atwater, Horace T., 1930-2000 1
- Blackburn, Ruby Parks, 1901-1982 1
- Bond, Julian, 1940-2015 1
- Booker T. Washington High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Brayboy, Ella Mae, 1919- 1
- Brooks family 1
- Brooks, Albert Irvin, 1908-1997 1
- Brooks, Belle Bishop, 1910-1988 1
- Brown, Henry N. 1
- Butler family 1
- Butler, Henry Rutherford, 1862-1931 1
- Butler, Henry Rutherford, 1899-1988 1
- Butler, Selena S., 1872-1964 1
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924- 1
- Clark University (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Collins, Helen J., 1911- 1
- Community Council of Atlanta (Ga.). 1
- Council on Battered Women (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Darden, Marian 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Gammon Theological Seminary 1
- Greene, Charles W., -1974 1
- Hamme, Jeanette Harvey 1
- Hamme, Richard S., -1979 1
- Harvey, Burell T., 1892-1971 1
- Hawk, DeLoys, 1933-1981 1
- Herndon, Alonzo, 1858- 1
- Herndon, Norris B., 1897-1977 1
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 1
- John Wesley Dobbs Elementary School (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Johnson family 1
- Johnson, Charmayne, 1953- 1
- King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006 1
- League of Negro Women Voters of Georgia. 1
- Lewis, John, 1940 February 21- 1
- Links, Inc.. Atlanta Chapter 1
- Majestic Shoe Service (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change 1
- Martin, Eugene M., 1888-1969 1
- National Congress of Colored Parents and Teachers 1
- Palmer, James D. 1
- Pennington, T. Maurice, 1923- 1
- Pitts family 1
- Pitts, James D., 1914-1984 1
- Rodgers, Joyce Pitts 1
- Ruby's Beauty Shop (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Simon, Edward L., 1908- 1
- Smith, Walter H., -1972 1
- Spelman College 1
- Sweet Auburn Neighborhood Project (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 1
- United Methodist Church (U.S.). 1
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 1 ∧ less