Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
Overview The collection consists of one box with six folders containing minutes of meetings of the Board of Trustees of Bethune-Cookman College (1937, 1944, 1945), the College's 1937 annual report, the fortieth anniversary bulletin of the Afro-American Life Insurance Company (1941), and ephemera.
Overview The collection contains documents spanning the dates from 1865 to 1989, with the bulk of the material from the period 1882-1865, and relating to the history and operation of Atlanta University and later Atlanta University Center, including newspaper clippings, ephemera, presidential reports, general correspondence, financial documents, photographs, legal documents, and essays, memoirs, and speeches.
Scope and Contents note This Collection Consists of correspondence, programs, financial records, invitations to reunions, Newspaper clippings of ceremonies, awards, and rosters of the Booker T. Washington class of 1956 dating from 1956-2016. Over half of this collection consists of pictures from various reunions between 1972-2011. Also included are decorations and clothing to commemorate the reunions.
Scope and Contents note The Charmayne Johnson family papers, 1900-1998, include awards, certificates, cards, church bulletins, correspondence, funeral programs, materials related to education, legal documents, newsletters, photographs, yearbooks, and other items collected by various members of the Brooks and Johnson families. A portion of the collection consists of papers related to the education of Albert and Georgia Brooks. These include but are not limited to school assignments and report cards, alumni materials,...
Overview The collection contains six volumes of Capital Avenue Elementary School publications from 1972 through 1973, Cooper Street Elementary School publications from 1970 through 1972, biographical information about Atlanta educator Dr. Claude C. George, Jr. and other family members, clippings from the Atlanta constitution and Atlanta daily world from 1957 through 1964, pamphlets, periodicals, essays, and other publications relating to the Atlanta public schools (1974-1990), and a diploma from...
Scope and Contents The Dr. Robert A. Holmes Papers cover the years 1916 to 2018. The collection contains materials from his time in the Georgia legislature his consultations and his writings. Specific materials include; correspondence, awards, programs, published journals and essays, unpublished essays, handwritten and typed manuscripts, campaign materials, legislature, press releases, photographs and audio visual material.
Overview The collection contains yearbooks, textbooks, information on the birth of the high school, general correspondence, newsletters, photographs, and artifacts including class rings, a sweatshirt, and a trophy documenting student life and school operations at Drexel Catholic High School in Atlanta, Georgia, from 1964 through 1967.
Scope and Contents The Educational Kits Collection consists of Black History study aids and resources geared towards teaching primary and secondary students more about African and African American history.
Overview The photographs series contains photographs taken in Jacksonville, Fla. by Ellie Lee Weems, an African American photographer, from the years 1928 through 1975 with subjects including awards and honors; business and commercial personalities and establishments; church and civic groups; entertainers and celebrities; families; funerals; graduation exercises and cap and gown cameos; landscapes; Masonic orders and related auxiliaries; performing arts; portraits of children, women, and men;...
Overview The collection consists of the papers of Helen Adele Johnson Whiting from 1929-1982. Includes correspondence, memoranda, newspaper clippings, printed material, scrapbooks, biographical information on Whiting, and writings by Whiting. The materials document Whiting's pioneering work in the field of elementary progressive education and the education of African American children. Correspondents include W.E.B. Du Bois; Ambrose Caliver, Senior Specialist in the Education of Negroes, Dept. of the...
- Subject: African Americans--Education X
- Afro-American Life Insurance Company 1
- Apex Museum 1
- Atlanta Junior College 1
- Atlanta Public Schools 1
- Atlanta University 1
- Bethune-Cookman College (Daytona Beach, Fla.) 1
- Brevard, Lisa Pertillar 1
- Brooks family 1
- Brooks, Albert Irvin, 1908-1997 1
- Brooks, Belle Bishop, 1910-1988 1
- Butler family 1
- Butler, Henry Rutherford, 1862-1931 1
- Butler, Henry Rutherford, 1899-1988 1
- Butler, Selena S., 1872-1964 1
- Caliver, Ambrose, 1894-1962 1
- Capital Avenue Elementary School (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Children's Defense Fund (U.S.) 1
- Clark University (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cooper Street Elementary School (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Drexel Catholic High School (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963 1
- Gammon Theological Seminary 1
- George family 1
- George, Claude Clarence, 1922- 1
- Hawk, DeLoys, 1933-1981 1
- Hope, John, 1868-1936 1
- Johnson family 1
- Johnson, Charmayne, 1953- 1
- Johnson, James Weldon, 1871-1938 1
- Lewis, A. L. (Abraham Lincoln), 1865-1947 1
- Manchester College (North Manchester, Ind.) 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Atlanta Branch 1
- National Conference on Fundamental Problems in the Education of Negroes (1934 : Washington, D.C.) 1
- National Congress of Colored Parents and Teachers 1
- SciTrek. 1
- Spelman College 1
- U.S. National Commission on the International Year of the Child, 1979 1
- UNICEF 1
- United States. Department of Interior 1
- Weems Photo Studio (Jacksonville, Fla.). 1
- Weems, Ellie Lee, 1901-1983 1
- White House Conference on Child Health and Protection 1
- Whiting, Helen Adele Johnson, 1885-1929 1
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 1
- Young, Jean Childs 1 ∧ less