Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview The collection consists of the papers of Annie L. McPheeters from 1945-1990. Includes correspondence, reports, notes, photographs, and a variety of printed materials which are largely clippings, brochures, pamphlets, journals, and books. Much of the collection relates to McPheeters' personal involvement with the Auburn and the West Hunter Branches of the Atlanta Public Library, the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, the Warren Memorial United Methodist Church, and the Utopian Literary Club. Other...
Overview The collection consists of papers of Henry J. and Florine Dyer Furlow from 1938-1986. The papers include correspondence, photographs, printed material, scrapbooks, ephemera, and sheet music documenting the Furlows' activities as music leaders at Big Bethel A.M.E. Church (Atlanta, Ga.) and their involvement in educational and civic organizations in Georgia. Of particular interest are the programs, scripts, costumes, and publicity materials pertaining to the pageant "Heaven Bound." The collection...
Overview The collection consists of papers of the James Frank Harrison family of LaGrange, Georgia from 1922-1985. The papers include correspondence, printed material, clippings, photographs, and ephemera. Much of the collection consists of personal correspondence between various family members including Dorothy Harrison, Gladys Harrison Partridge Lee, Victor Partridge, and James Harrison Sr. A large portion of the correspondence is addressed to James Frank Harrison Jr. including letters (1928-1943)...
Overview The collection consists of the records of the Atlanta Chapter of The Links, Inc., from 1953-1991. Series 1 contains materials relating to the National Association and includes charters, organizational manuals, programs, conference proceedings, newsletters and journals, membership directories, photographs, and invitations. Series 2 contains material pertaining to the Southern Area organization. Series 3 contains documents relating to the Atlanta Chapter and includes correspondence, minutes and...
Overview The collection consists of the papers of Moses Amos and his nephew Miles Green Amos from 1880-1972. Includes Miles G. Amos' school papers from Wilberforce University, personal and professional correspondence, financial records, printed material, newspaper clippings, and photographs. The materials document the Amos' careers as pioneer African-American pharmacists in Georgia, the Amos drugstore, and Miles G. Amos' activities in Atlanta's civic and political affairs. The collection also includes...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1935-1970; Bulk, 1935-1970 1880-1972 1935-1970
Overview The collection consists of papers of Ruby Parks Blackburn from 1933-1982. The papers include correspondence, financial records, minutes, scrapbooks, photographs, ledgers, ephemera, and political broadsides. The materials document Blackburn's involvement with the T.I.C. (To Improve Conditions) Club, the Atlanta Cultural League, and Ruby's Beauty Shop. Of particular interest are minutes (1954-1956, 1971-1976) and voter lists (1965-1975) of the Georgia League of Negro Women Voters and minutes...
- Subject: African American women--Georgia--Societies and clubs X
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Amos Drug Store (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Amos, India D., 1908-1979 1
- Amos, Miles G., 1898-1995 1
- Amos, Moses, 1866-1928 1
- Atlanta Cultural League (Ga.). 1
- Atlanta Public Library. Auburn Branch 1
- Atlanta Public Library. West Hunter Branch 1
- Big Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Blackburn, Ruby Parks, 1901-1982 1
- Bond, Julian, 1940-2015 1
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- Freemasons. Prince Hall Grand Lodge (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Furlow, Florine D., 1903-1987 1
- Furlow, Henry J., 1902-1986 1
- Harrison, Dorothy Lindsey, 1891-1963 1
- Harrison, James Frank, 1885-1979 1
- Harrison, James Frank, 1910-1977 1
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 1
- League of Negro Women Voters of Georgia. 1
- Lee, Gladys Harrison Partridge, 1916?-1979 1
- Links, Inc.. Atlanta Chapter 1
- Locke, Alain, 1885-1954 1
- McPheeters, Annie L. 1
- Order of the Eastern Star. Ruth Chapter (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Partridge, Victor, 1938- 1
- Ruby's Beauty Shop (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority 1
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 1
- Utopian Literary Club (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- W.G.M. Club (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Warren Memorial United Methodist Church (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Wilberforce University 1 ∧ less