Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The collection consists of the papers of Helen Adele Johnson Whiting from 1929-1982. Includes correspondence, memoranda, newspaper clippings, printed material, scrapbooks, biographical information on Whiting, and writings by Whiting. The materials document Whiting's pioneering work in the field of elementary progressive education and the education of African American children. Correspondents include W.E.B. Du Bois; Ambrose Caliver, Senior Specialist in the Education of Negroes, Dept. of the...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1929-1950; Bulk, 1929-1950 1929-1982 bulk (1929-1950)
Overview The collection consists of the papers of William B. Matthews from 1899-1925. Includes primarily correspondence, printed materials, ephemera, and photographs. The papers document Matthew's career in education; his involvement in the National Negro Business League, the Knights of Pythias, the First Congregational Church (Atlanta, Ga.), and Atlanta University. The collection also includes over 70 photographs and tintypes dating from the turn of the century.
Scope and Contents The Auburn Avenue Research Library’s Yearbook collection spans from 1938-2000 and is a result of donations from various sources. The collection represents middle schools, high schools, and colleges.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1938 - 2000
- Subject: African American teachers--Southern States X
- Atlanta University 1
- Caliver, Ambrose, 1894-1962 1
- Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963 1
- First Congregational Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Hope, John, 1868-1936 1
- Johnson, James Weldon, 1871-1938 1
- Knights of Pythias 1
- Matthews, W. B., (William B.) 1
- National Conference on Fundamental Problems in the Education of Negroes (1934 : Washington, D.C.) 1
- National Negro Business League (U.S.) 1
- United States. Department of Interior 1
- White House Conference on Child Health and Protection 1
- Whiting, Helen Adele Johnson, 1885-1929 1 ∧ less