Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview The collection contains six volumes of Capital Avenue Elementary School publications from 1972 through 1973, Cooper Street Elementary School publications from 1970 through 1972, biographical information about Atlanta educator Dr. Claude C. George, Jr. and other family members, clippings from the Atlanta constitution and Atlanta daily world from 1957 through 1964, pamphlets, periodicals, essays, and other publications relating to the Atlanta public schools (1974-1990), and a diploma from...
Overview The collection consists of papers of Edward Randolph Carter and Andrew Jackson Lewis from ca. 1890-1985. The papers include correspondence, printed material, photographs, financial records, clippings, a diary (1942) documenting Lewis' military service during World War II, and ephemera. Early materials (1905-1942) pertain to Carter's religious activities and duties as pastor of Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) and also include writings and sermons of Carter. The bulk of the collection...
Overview The collection consists of videotapes and cassette tapes of the General Mills-Kroger oral history collection for the Friends of the Auburn Avenue Research Library from 1994-ongoing. The collection contains interviews with a variety of individuals including African American businessmen and women, journalists, educators, librarians, community and civil rights activists. The materials document civil rights activities in Atlanta (Ga.), businesses in the Sweet Auburn District of Atlanta, the Atlanta...
Overview The collection consists of papers of the James Frank Harrison family of LaGrange, Georgia from 1922-1985. The papers include correspondence, printed material, clippings, photographs, and ephemera. Much of the collection consists of personal correspondence between various family members including Dorothy Harrison, Gladys Harrison Partridge Lee, Victor Partridge, and James Harrison Sr. A large portion of the correspondence is addressed to James Frank Harrison Jr. including letters (1928-1943)...
Overview The collection covers the period between 1937 and 1971 and consists of certificates, plaques, news clippings, photographs, scrapbook, ephemera, and books pertaining to the life and career of Sanford H. Lee as an agricultural extension agent in Bibb County, Georgia.
- Subject: African American teachers--Georgia X
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity 1
- Atlanta Public Schools 1
- Boy Scouts of America. 1
- Capital Avenue Elementary School (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Carter, Edward Randolph, 1856-1944 1
- Cooper Street Elementary School (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority 1
- Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- General Mills-Kroger oral history collection for the Friends of the Auburn Avenue Research Library. 1
- George family 1
- George, Claude Clarence, 1922- 1
- Harrison, Dorothy Lindsey, 1891-1963 1
- Harrison, James Frank, 1885-1979 1
- Harrison, James Frank, 1910-1977 1
- Lee, Gladys Harrison Partridge, 1916?-1979 1
- Lee, Jereleen Hawkins 1
- Lee, Sanford Henry, 1878-1958 1
- Lewis, Andrew Jackson, 1909-1989 1
- Locke, Alain, 1885-1954 1
- Partridge, Victor, 1938- 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 332nd 1 ∧ less