Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Overview This photograph collection contains photographs of radio personalities, T.V. entertainers, such as Ed Sullivan, and great singers of the 1940s and 1950s, such as Dinah Washington, Sarah Vaughn, Nat "King" Cole, and Billy Eckstein. Also included in this photograph collection are singing stars of the 1970s and 1980s such as James Brown, B.B. King, and Isaac Hayes. There are also photographs of family members and other memorabilia/ephemera.
Overview The Evelyn J. Frazier Papers, 1939-2005, document Frazier's business, civic, educational, and political activities through artifacts, correspondence, certificates, diplomas, licenses, ephemera, news clippings, photographs, scrapbooks, and various printed materials. In addition to owning and operating Frazier's Cafe Society, Frazier was involved locally and nationally with numerous institutions and organizations, including the Association of Negro Business and Professional Women's Clubs, Morris...
Overview The collection consists of videotapes and cassette tapes of the General Mills-Kroger oral history collection for the Friends of the Auburn Avenue Research Library from 1994-ongoing. The collection contains interviews with a variety of individuals including African American businessmen and women, journalists, educators, librarians, community and civil rights activists. The materials document civil rights activities in Atlanta (Ga.), businesses in the Sweet Auburn District of Atlanta, the Atlanta...
Overview The papers comprise plaques of awards and honors received by Haugabrooks from 1965 to 1972, papers, correspondence, telegrams of congratulations, one framed letter of congratulations from former Georgia Governor Joe Frank Harris, and an enlarged poster-sized photograph of Mrs. Haugabrooks and former Atlanta Mayor Andrew Young. The collection is rich for research on Atlanta's African American life, in particular its business and civic leaders, churches, organizations, and female entrepreneurs.
Overview The collection consists of papers of James Neal Montgomery from 1922-1975. The papers include correspondence, financial records, printed material, photographs, and newspaper clippings. The materials document Montgomery's business activities in the entertainment field and include financial records and correspondence pertaining to the Southeastern Artists, Inc. (1944-1949) and the Sunset Casino (1943-1947); flyers, publicity announcements, concert announcements, and programs for various...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1940-1950; Bulk, 1940-1950 1922-1975 1940-1950
Scope and Content Note The Selena Sloan Butler family papers document the family's personal, professional, and civic activities from 1886 to 1983 through correspondence, certificates, newspaper clippings, periodicals, scrapbooks, photographs, engravings, artifacts, programs, personal journals, notes, pamphlets and publications. The photographs and photo engravings portray the Butler family and other African American men, women and children in social settings, though information about the dates, names, and locations...
Overview The collection contains items from 1969 through 1991 including a photograph of William L. Calloway with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Georgia State Senator Leroy Johnson; an autographed copy of " The 'Sweet Auburn Avenue' Business History, 1900-1988"; a print by Tom Range of a young boy fishing in a paper cup; and a framed certificate presented to William L. Calloway.
Overview The collection consists of account books from the Yates and Milton Drugstore (Atlanta, Ga.) from 1955-1972. The collection also includes a drugstore poster, listing items sold and prices.
- Subject: African American businesspeople -- Georgia X
- Beamon, Benjamin Burdell 1
- Big Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Butler family 1
- Butler, Henry Rutherford, 1862-1931 1
- Butler, Henry Rutherford, 1899-1988 1
- Butler, Selena S., 1872-1964 1
- Calloway, W. L., (William L.), 1908-1999 1
- Evelyn Jones Cafe (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Frazier's Cafe Society (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Frazier, Evelyn J., 1912-2007 1
- Gammon Theological Seminary 1
- General Mills-Kroger oral history collection for the Friends of the Auburn Avenue Research Library. 1
- Harris, Joe Frank 1
- Haugabrooks, Geneva, 1890-1977 1
- Iota Phi Lambda Sorority. Delta Chapter. 1
- Metropolitan Atlanta Republican Women's Club. 1
- Milton, Lorimer D., 1898-1986 1
- Montgomery, James Neal, 1903- 1
- Morris Brown College 1
- Morris Brown College National Alumni Association. 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Association of Negro Business and Professional Women's Clubs 1
- National Congress of Colored Parents and Teachers 1
- Southeastern Artists, Inc. (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Southwest Fulton Republican Women's Club. 1
- Spelman College 1
- Sunset Casino (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 332nd 1
- Yates and Milton Drugstore (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Yates, Clayton R., -1977 1
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 1 ∧ less