Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 18
Overview The collection consists of one box with six folders containing minutes of meetings of the Board of Trustees of Bethune-Cookman College (1937, 1944, 1945), the College's 1937 annual report, the fortieth anniversary bulletin of the Afro-American Life Insurance Company (1941), and ephemera.
Scope and Contents This collection of Carter’s Department Store covers the years 1948 to 1964. The collection contains advertisements, stationary, customer credit records, general ledgers, check stubs, financial statements, invoices, receipts, journal sheets, ledgers, overdue notices, personal correspondence, pharmaceutical price lists and signed checks.
Dates: 1948 - 1964
Overview The collection spans 1886 to 1994 and consists of photographs depicting Shorter family members and friends dating from 1907 to 1920, legal and financial documents including deeds, titles, and Henry F. Shorter, Sr.'s will, correspondence, minutes of the New Hope Missionary Baptist Sunday School convention in 1904, and a set of picture postcards of Muscle Shoals and Florence, Alabama.
Overview The collection contains Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority records gathered by Mary Shy Scott from 1981 to 2013 and includes obituaries of former national presidents of Alpha Kappa Alpha, scholarship program information, directories, manuals, programs, minutes, and agendas from both national and regional conferences, a 1994 annual report, issues of the sorority's newsletter, Ivy Leaf, from 1981 to 1994, other related newsletters, certificates and awards.
Dates: 1937 - 2013
Scope and Content Note The First Congregational Church Records is 16 linear feet and date from 1874 through 1995. Found within the collection are Church History Records, Church Order of Service, Church Financial Records, Church Administrative Records, Church Anniversaries, Programs and Events, Church Social Clubs, Church Pastor’s Newsletters, Seasonal Greeting and Invitation Cards , and Church Photograph Collection.
Overview The collection consists of papers of Henry J. and Florine Dyer Furlow from 1938-1986. The papers include correspondence, photographs, printed material, scrapbooks, ephemera, and sheet music documenting the Furlows' activities as music leaders at Big Bethel A.M.E. Church (Atlanta, Ga.) and their involvement in educational and civic organizations in Georgia. Of particular interest are the programs, scripts, costumes, and publicity materials pertaining to the pageant "Heaven Bound." The collection...
Overview The papers span from 1927 to 1998 with the bulk from 1980 to 1998 and consist of correspondence, printed material, financial and legal documents of the West End Neighborhood Development, Inc. from 1976 to 1998 as well as articles, clippings, correspondence, and research collected by Sikes related to African Americans in the South, various neighborhoods in Atlanta including Summerhill, Midtown, Sylvan Hills, Bedford Pines, and Vine City, and historic preservation and urban renewal.
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1980-1998; Bulk, 1980-1998 1927-1998 1980-1998
Overview The collection consists of the records of the Atlanta Chapter of The Links, Inc., from 1953-1991. Series 1 contains materials relating to the National Association and includes charters, organizational manuals, programs, conference proceedings, newsletters and journals, membership directories, photographs, and invitations. Series 2 contains material pertaining to the Southern Area organization. Series 3 contains documents relating to the Atlanta Chapter and includes correspondence, minutes and...
Overview The collection consists of the papers of Moses Amos and his nephew Miles Green Amos from 1880-1972. Includes Miles G. Amos' school papers from Wilberforce University, personal and professional correspondence, financial records, printed material, newspaper clippings, and photographs. The materials document the Amos' careers as pioneer African-American pharmacists in Georgia, the Amos drugstore, and Miles G. Amos' activities in Atlanta's civic and political affairs. The collection also includes...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1935-1970; Bulk, 1935-1970 1880-1972 1935-1970
Overview The National Black Arts Festival collection consists of items from the years 1988 through 1998 and contains commemorative textiles including tee shirts, caps, sweatshirts, and canvas tote bags, as well as ephemera such as buttons, compact disc recordings, program guides, brochures, exhibit catalogs and guides, fliers, promotional packages, annual reports, essays, pamphlets, clipings, poetry, audiocassette tapes, photographs, financial records, administrative records, correspondence, folk arts...
- Subject: Administrative records X
- 27 Club (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Afro-American Life Insurance Company 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. South Atlantic region 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. Tau Epsilon Omega Chapter (East Point and College Park, Ga.) 1
- Amos Drug Store (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Amos, India D., 1908-1979 1
- Amos, Miles G., 1898-1995 1
- Amos, Moses, 1866-1928 1
- Andrews, Ludie, 1875-1969 1
- Atlanta Cultural League (Ga.). 1
- Bethune-Cookman College (Daytona Beach, Fla.) 1
- Big Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Blackburn, Ruby Parks, 1901-1982 1
- Bond, Julian, 1940-2015 1
- Democratic Party (Ga.) 1
- First Congregational Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Freemasons. Prince Hall Grand Lodge (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Furlow, Florine D., 1903-1987 1
- Furlow, Henry J., 1902-1986 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.). Municipal Training School for Colored Nurses. 1
- Grady Memorial Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.). School of Nursing. 1
- Hunter-Gault, Charlayne 1
- Jackson, Maynard, 1938-2003 1
- League of Negro Women Voters of Georgia. 1
- Lee, Sanford Henry, 1878-1958 1
- Lewis, A. L. (Abraham Lincoln), 1865-1947 1
- Links, Inc.. Atlanta Chapter 1
- National Black Arts Festival, Inc. 1
- National Conclave of Grady Graduate Nurses. 1
- Neighborhood Arts Center (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Order of the Eastern Star. Ruth Chapter (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Phoenix Arts and Theatre Company. 1
- Ruby's Beauty Shop (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Scott, Mary Shy, 1930-2013 1
- Shorter family 1
- Shorter, Henry F. 1
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority 1
- Sikes, Janice White 1
- Simon, E. L. 1
- Talmadge, Herman E. (Herman Eugene), 1913-2002 1
- Thomas, Jesse O., 1885- 1
- Toomer, Fred A., (Fred Armon), 1889-1961 1
- Utopian Literary Club (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- W.G.M. Club (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- West End Neighborhood Development. 1
- Wilberforce University 1 ∧ less