Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview The collection consists of a photograph of Tate, an award received by Tate, and three works by Tate including a playlet about James Weldon Johnson and his two books, The Social Implications of the Writings and the Career of James Weldon Johnson and Wordplay and Poetry.
Overview The collection consists of the papers of Helen Adele Johnson Whiting from 1929-1982. Includes correspondence, memoranda, newspaper clippings, printed material, scrapbooks, biographical information on Whiting, and writings by Whiting. The materials document Whiting's pioneering work in the field of elementary progressive education and the education of African American children. Correspondents include W.E.B. Du Bois; Ambrose Caliver, Senior Specialist in the Education of Negroes, Dept. of the...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1929-1950; Bulk, 1929-1950 1929-1982 bulk (1929-1950)
- Names: Johnson, James Weldon, 1871-1938 X
- African American authors -- Biography 1
- African American elementary schools--United States. 1
- African American teachers--Southern States. 1
- African American women authors. 1
- African Americans--Education (Elementary)--United States. 1
- Caliver, Ambrose, 1894-1962 1
- Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963 1
- Hope, John, 1868-1936 1
- National Conference on Fundamental Problems in the Education of Negroes (1934 : Washington, D.C.) 1
- Tate, Ernest C., (Ernest Cater), 1907-1990 1