Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The collection consists of papers of Edward Randolph Carter and Andrew Jackson Lewis from ca. 1890-1985. The papers include correspondence, printed material, photographs, financial records, clippings, a diary (1942) documenting Lewis' military service during World War II, and ephemera. Early materials (1905-1942) pertain to Carter's religious activities and duties as pastor of Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) and also include writings and sermons of Carter. The bulk of the collection...
Overview The collection, spanning 1934 to 1993 with the bulk from 1951 to 1986, consists of Jessie Thelma Beasley Archer's personal papers and documents her professional life at Morehouse College, involvement in various social, religious, and professional organizations including the Q-Ettes, the Professional Secretaries Club, and Professional Women of Atlanta, and several historically black colleges and universities including Spelman College, Atlanta University, Morehouse College, Tuskegee Institute,...
Overview The collection consists of papers of Samuel Howard Archer from ca. 1898-1990. The papers include some personal correspondence (1923-1937) including letters of recommendation (1898-1902), newspaper clippings, tributes, and letters of condolence from academic institutions throughout the South regarding Archer's death. Other materials relating to Archer include records documenting his involvement in Omega Psi Phi Fraternity; Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.); awards and certificates;...
- Names: Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) X
- African American universities and colleges--Georgia. 2
- African American universities and colleges--Tennessee. 2
- African American churches -- Georgia 1
- African American clergy -- Georgia 1
- African American college administrators -- Georgia 1
- African American men--Georgia--Societies and clubs. 1
- African American teachers--Georgia. 1
- African American women--Georgia--Atlanta--Societies and clubs. 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Baptists--Clergy--Georgia 1
- Books 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Diaries 1
- Financial records 1
- Magazines (periodicals) 1
- Nashville (Tenn.)--Race relations. 1
- Programs (documents) 1
- Secretaries--Georgia--Atlanta 1
- Sermons 1 ∧ less