Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The collection contains documents spanning the dates from 1865 to 1989, with the bulk of the material from the period 1882-1865, and relating to the history and operation of Atlanta University and later Atlanta University Center, including newspaper clippings, ephemera, presidential reports, general correspondence, financial documents, photographs, legal documents, and essays, memoirs, and speeches.
Overview The series of recordings of Atlanta Fulton Public Library's Oral history discussion series in 1997 treats the involvement of Atlanta University students in the Civil Rights movement and more specifically in the Atlanta University Student Movement. The former students discussed picket lines, sit-ins, the student leaders, and The appeal for human rights. The speakers also include lawyers who supported the students during their protests.
Overview The papers consist of an assortment of periodicals including Life, Ebony, and New York magazine, books, sheet music, and news clippings. The sheet music dates from 1906 to 1932, and the articles, books, and newsclippings, dated from 1968 to 1985, treat Martin Luther King, Jr., Spelman College, Atlanta University, African American life, and history.
Overview The collection consists of the papers of William B. Matthews from 1899-1925. Includes primarily correspondence, printed materials, ephemera, and photographs. The papers document Matthew's career in education; his involvement in the National Negro Business League, the Knights of Pythias, the First Congregational Church (Atlanta, Ga.), and Atlanta University. The collection also includes over 70 photographs and tintypes dating from the turn of the century.
- Names: Atlanta University X
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- African American Congregationalists -- Georgia 1
- African American teachers--Southern States. 1
- African American universities and colleges--Georgia--Atlanta--History--19th century. 1
- African American universities and colleges--Georgia--Atlanta--History--20th century. 1
- African American universities and colleges--Georgia. 1
- African Americans--Civil rights--Georgia--Atlanta. 1
- African Americans--Education (Higher)--Georgia--Atlanta. 1
- African Americans--History. 1
- African Americans--Social life and customs. 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Atlanta (Ga.)--Race relations. 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Books 1
- Civil rights movements--Georgia--Atlanta. 1
- Civil rights movements--United States. 1
- College students--Georgia--Atlanta--Political activity. 1
- College trustees--Georgia. 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education--Southern States. 1
- Financial records 1
- Men--Societies and clubs. 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Periodicals 1
- Sheet music 1
- Student movements -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1 ∧ less