Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview The collection contains three scrapbooks that include photographs of Joe Louis in boxing rings, and with friends and family, as well as newspaper clippings of Joe Louis and other notable African American men and women.
Overview The scrapbook contains newspaper clippings and photographs relating to the Nation of Islam from 1963 through 1965, as well as certificates for Eugene Cooksey from the same years from the Cooper Street School, psychiatric attendant nurse training, civil defense courses, Red Cross home nursing course, medical self-help training course, and International Correspondence Schools.
Overview The collection covers the period between 1937 and 1971 and consists of certificates, plaques, news clippings, photographs, scrapbook, ephemera, and books pertaining to the life and career of Sanford H. Lee as an agricultural extension agent in Bibb County, Georgia.
- African American agricultural extension workers -- Georgia -- Bibb County 1
- African American boxers -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- African American nursing students--Georgia--Atlanta. 1
- African American teachers--Georgia--Bibb County. 1
- Agricultural education--Georgia--Bibb County. 1
- Agricultural extension work--Georgia--Bibb County. 1
- Awards 1
- Black Muslims--United States. 1
- Books 1
- Ephemera (general object genre) 1
- Newspapers 1
- Social service -- Awards -- Georgia -- Cobb County 1 ∧ less
- Cooksey, Eugene V. 2
- Elijah Muhammad, 1897-1975 1
- Lee, Jereleen Hawkins 1
- Lee, Sanford Henry, 1878-1958 1
- Louis, Joe, 1914-1981 1
- X, Malcolm, 1925-1965 1 ∧ less