Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Content Note AIB's video project began in 1990 with several purposes: (1) documenting the reminiscences of elderly members of various Afro-American churches throughout Atlanta through oral history interviews; (2) recording individual church histories; (3) interviewing outstanding personalities of the South who have made a difference to society and documenting their oral history; (4) recording styles of singing and worship that existed in a previous time and which are dying out; and (5) documenting current...
Scope and Contents note The Nelson H. Smith Collection (3 linear ft.) consists of typescript and handwritten sermons Smith delivered at New Pilgrim Baptist Church in Birmingham and various other churches, revivals, convention, associational meeting and events throughout his career. Most of the sermons are undated, but cover the period of Smith’s ministry from 1953 to 2006. Correspondence, financial documents, programs and invitations, and other material related to his non-professional activities and family...
- African American churches -- Southern States 1
- African American clergy -- Southern States 1
- African American women clergy--Southern States. 1
- African Americans--Civil rights--Southern States. 1
- African Americans--Religion. 1
- African Americans--Southern States--Economic conditions. 1
- African Americans--Southern States--Social conditions. 1
- Birmingham (Ala.)--Race relations. 1
- Oral histories (literary works) 1
- Southern States -- Race relations 1
- Video recordings (physical artifacts) 1 ∧ less
- Atlanta Interfaith Broadcasters (Ga.). 1