Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents note This collection consists of approximately five linear feet of miscellaneous material that documents the history of the 100% Wrong Club of the Atlanta Daily World. The collection includes balance sheets, bylaws, committee reports, correspondence, membership list, and menus. It also includes programs, financial records, photographs, publications, news clippings and audio recording.
Scope and Contents note The Collection Consists of sermon notes, journals, books, travel documents, a map, catalogues, flyers, an ID card, invitations, correspondence, programs, Newspaper clippings, writings by various authors, photographs, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, DVDs, and awards of Dr. Barbara King dating from 1945-2016. In addition to physical awards included, there is a listing of names and pictures of additional awards that Dr. Barbara King has received.
Scope and Contents The Dr. Robert A. Holmes Papers cover the years 1916 to 2018. The collection contains materials from his time in the Georgia legislature his consultations and his writings. Specific materials include; correspondence, awards, programs, published journals and essays, unpublished essays, handwritten and typed manuscripts, campaign materials, legislature, press releases, photographs and audio visual material.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1916 - 2018
Scope and Contents The collection consists of awards, campaign documentation, letters of coorespondance, newspaper clippings and copies, personal papers, notes, research, and photographs of and belonging to Mrs. Frankie Arnold dating from 1968-2014.
Overview The papers comprise plaques of awards and honors received by Haugabrooks from 1965 to 1972, papers, correspondence, telegrams of congratulations, one framed letter of congratulations from former Georgia Governor Joe Frank Harris, and an enlarged poster-sized photograph of Mrs. Haugabrooks and former Atlanta Mayor Andrew Young. The collection is rich for research on Atlanta's African American life, in particular its business and civic leaders, churches, organizations, and female entrepreneurs.
Overview The collection contains one issue of the newspaper, The Georgia Broadaxe, May 11, 1912, vol. III, no. 13; one black and white 8" x 10" photograph of the home of Dr. Edgar and Mrs. Lizzie Bowden; and eight plaques of various sizes nailed onto a 21" x 23 ½" wooden board, which were presented to Mr. F. G. Mattox between 1966 and 1978 for "Outstanding Dedication and Service to Youths."
Overview The collection covers the period between 1937 and 1971 and consists of certificates, plaques, news clippings, photographs, scrapbook, ephemera, and books pertaining to the life and career of Sanford H. Lee as an agricultural extension agent in Bibb County, Georgia.
- Awards 5
- Social service -- Awards -- Georgia -- Atlanta 3
- African Americans--Political activity--Georgia. 2
- African Americans--Religious life--Georgia--Atlanta. 2
- Books 2
- Correspondence 2
- Newspapers 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- African American agricultural extension workers -- Georgia -- Bibb County 1
- African American business enterprises -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- African American businesspeople -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- African American churches -- Georgia 1
- African American educators--Georgia--Atlanta. 1
- African American educators--Georgia. 1
- African American families. 1
- African American politicians--Georgia. 1
- African American teachers--Georgia--Bibb County. 1
- African American universities and colleges--Georgia--Atlanta--History--20th century. 1
- African American universities and colleges--Georgia. 1
- African American women clergy--Southern States. 1
- African American women--Georgia--Atlanta. 1
- African American women--Political activity--History--20th century 1
- African Americans--Education (Higher)--Georgia--Atlanta. 1
- African Americans--Government policy--Georgia--Atlanta 1
- African Americans--Societies, etc. 1
- Agricultural education--Georgia--Bibb County. 1
- Agricultural extension work--Georgia--Bibb County. 1
- Atlanta (Ga.)--Social life and customs--20th century. 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- College sports--Awards 1
- Education--Georgia--Atlanta--History--20the century 1
- Ephemera (general object genre) 1
- Funeral homes--Georgia--Atlanta. 1
- Legal documents 1
- School sports--Awards 1
- Sermons 1
- Social service -- Awards -- Georgia -- Cobb County 1
- Telegrams 1
- Women-owned business enterprises 1 ∧ less
- 100% Wrong Club (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Bowden, Edgar 1
- Bowden, Lizzie 1
- Harris, Joe Frank 1
- Haugabrooks, Geneva, 1890-1977 1