Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The collection contains items from 1922 to 1956 including a daybook, two scrapbooks, a magazine, correspondence, a brief biography of Ann Cooper prepared for the Utopian Literary Club, photographs, and posters that document life in Atlanta's African American community and Ann N. Cooper and her husband, dentist Albert Berry Cooper in particular. |bOf particular note are the aviation scrapbook compiled by Albert Cooper containing information about African American pilots, a scrapbook compiled by...
Overview The collection consists of papers of the James Frank Harrison family of LaGrange, Georgia from 1922-1985. The papers include correspondence, printed material, clippings, photographs, and ephemera. Much of the collection consists of personal correspondence between various family members including Dorothy Harrison, Gladys Harrison Partridge Lee, Victor Partridge, and James Harrison Sr. A large portion of the correspondence is addressed to James Frank Harrison Jr. including letters (1928-1943)...
Overview The collection consists of the records of the Atlanta Chapter of The Links, Inc., from 1953-1991. Series 1 contains materials relating to the National Association and includes charters, organizational manuals, programs, conference proceedings, newsletters and journals, membership directories, photographs, and invitations. Series 2 contains material pertaining to the Southern Area organization. Series 3 contains documents relating to the Atlanta Chapter and includes correspondence, minutes and...
Overview The collection contains a scrapbook covering the period of 1919 to 1996 that includes documents club activities, minutes from 1985 to 1996, program announcements, biographical sketches of performers, and a proclamation from former Atlanta Mayor Bill Campbell declaring Utopian Literary Club day.
- African American women--Georgia--Societies and clubs. 2
- Minutes (administrative records) 2
- African American air pilots 1
- African American dentists--Georgia--Atlanta. 1
- African American mothers--Georgia--Atlanta--History--20th century. 1
- African American teachers--Georgia. 1
- African American women--Georgia--Atlanta--Societies and clubs. 1
- African American women--Georgia--Fulton County--Social life and customs. 1
- African American women--Societies and clubs. 1
- African Americans--Georgia--Social conditions. 1
- Atlanta (Ga.) 1
- Biographies (literary works) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Cub Scouts--Georgia--Atlanta--History--20th century. 1
- Daybooks 1
- LaGrange (Ga.) 1
- Literature--Societies, etc. 1
- Magazines (periodicals) 1
- Posters 1
- Proclamations 1
- Programs (documents) 1
- Women teachers -- Georgia 1 ∧ less
- Cooper, Albert Berry, 1899-1967 1
- Cooper, Ann Louise Nixon, 1902- 1
- Davis, Griffith J., 1923-1993 1
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority 1
- First Congregational Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1