Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview The collection contains items from 1922 to 1956 including a daybook, two scrapbooks, a magazine, correspondence, a brief biography of Ann Cooper prepared for the Utopian Literary Club, photographs, and posters that document life in Atlanta's African American community and Ann N. Cooper and her husband, dentist Albert Berry Cooper in particular. |bOf particular note are the aviation scrapbook compiled by Albert Cooper containing information about African American pilots, a scrapbook compiled by...
Overview The Evelyn J. Frazier Papers, 1939-2005, document Frazier's business, civic, educational, and political activities through artifacts, correspondence, certificates, diplomas, licenses, ephemera, news clippings, photographs, scrapbooks, and various printed materials. In addition to owning and operating Frazier's Cafe Society, Frazier was involved locally and nationally with numerous institutions and organizations, including the Association of Negro Business and Professional Women's Clubs, Morris...
Overview The papers comprise plaques of awards and honors received by Haugabrooks from 1965 to 1972, papers, correspondence, telegrams of congratulations, one framed letter of congratulations from former Georgia Governor Joe Frank Harris, and an enlarged poster-sized photograph of Mrs. Haugabrooks and former Atlanta Mayor Andrew Young. The collection is rich for research on Atlanta's African American life, in particular its business and civic leaders, churches, organizations, and female entrepreneurs.
Overview The collection, spanning 1934 to 1993 with the bulk from 1951 to 1986, consists of Jessie Thelma Beasley Archer's personal papers and documents her professional life at Morehouse College, involvement in various social, religious, and professional organizations including the Q-Ettes, the Professional Secretaries Club, and Professional Women of Atlanta, and several historically black colleges and universities including Spelman College, Atlanta University, Morehouse College, Tuskegee Institute,...
Scope and Contents The Buckhead/Cascade City Chapter of the Links, Inc. collection consists of correspondence, meeting minutes, committee reports; programs, financial records. The bulk of this collection is from 1995-2019. Printed materials from the Regional/National organization, photographs of the chapter, and audiovisual items are included in this collection.
Scope and Contents note The collection consists of correspondence; minutes of meetings; committee reports; programs; financial and legal records of the Dogwood Chapter of The inks, Inc. The bulk of this information is from 1988-1991. Two scrapbooks of activities of the Dogwood Chapter are included. About half of the collection includes material on the National organization and the Southern Area organization. Organizational manuals; National Conference programs and proceedings; the organization's newsletter and...
Scope and Contents note The Shirlene Holmes papers, 1972-2007, documents her professional and personal life through correspondence, diaries, journals, scrapbooks, photographs, print materials, publications, audio-visual formats and ephemera. The primary focus of the collection is her work as a playwright, which includes drafts, rewrites, scripts and related printed material. Unless otherwise noted, all plays are written by Holmes. Also documented is Holmes’s career as a professor at Georgia State University and her...
- Subject: African American women--Georgia--Atlanta X
- American Business Women's Association. Tara Chapter 1
- Archer, Jessie Thelma Beasley, 1903-1999 1
- Big Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Cooper, Albert Berry, 1899-1967 1
- Cooper, Ann Louise Nixon, 1902- 1
- Davis, Griffith J., 1923-1993 1
- Evelyn Jones Cafe (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- First Congregational Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Frazier's Cafe Society (Atlanta, Ga.). 1
- Frazier, Evelyn J., 1912-2007 1
- Friendship Baptist Church (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Georgia State University 1
- Harris, Joe Frank 1
- Haugabrooks, Geneva, 1890-1977 1
- Holmes, Shirlene 1
- Iota Phi Lambda Sorority. Delta Chapter. 1
- Metropolitan Atlanta Republican Women's Club. 1
- Morehouse College (Atlanta, Ga.) 1
- Morris Brown College 1
- Morris Brown College National Alumni Association. 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Association of Negro Business and Professional Women's Clubs 1
- Southwest Fulton Republican Women's Club. 1
- Young, Andrew, 1932- 1 ∧ less