Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents note Ebon Dooley Collection is 63.5 linear feet and date from 1970 to 1990. Found within the collection are Civic Organizations, Liberation Movements: Africa, Liberation Movements: Asia, Liberation Movements: China, Liberation Movement: Latin America / Caribbean, Liberation Movement: Middle East, Liberation Movement: Native America, Liberation Movement: Women Struggle and Liberation Movement: USA, Newsletters / Articles / Reports, Newsletters, Newspapers & Newsletters, Newspapers & News...
Dates: 1970 - 1990
Overview The collection contains records from 1949 to 1955 of WERD, Atlanta's first African American-owned and operated radio station, that were collected by Paul E. X. Brown and include program schedules, correspondence, some ephemeral items, sworn affidavits of owners operators, and employees of WERD, many from Jessie B. Blayton, as well as several audio cassettes and reel-to-reel tapes of political commentary and programming from 1953 to 1961. The affidavits concern the station's 1954 bid to the FCC...
Overview The collection consists of twenty segments compiled and produced by Harold Lamar and broadcast from October 3-7, 1989 on radio station WVEE-WAOK (Atlanta, Ga.). The segments document the history of radio station WERD from 1949 until its demise in 1970. Topics discussed include the purchase of WERD by Jesse B. Blayton, moving the station from downtown Atlanta to Auburn Avenue, Jesse B. Blayton and the Blayton family, the relationship between black and white announcers or staff at the station,...
- Subject: African American radio stations--Georgia. X
- African American radio stations--Georgia--Atlanta--History--20th century. 2
- Affidavits 1
- African American civic leaders -- Georgia -- Atlanta 1
- African American radio stations--Georgia. 1
- African Americans in radio broadcasting--United States. 1
- Arts--Georgia--Atlanta--History--20th century. 1
- Atlanta (Ga.)--Race relations. 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education--Southern States. 1
- Radio broadcasters--Georgia. 1
- Radio stations--Georgia--Employees. 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Transcripts 1 ∧ less
- Blayton, Jesse B., Sr., 1897-1977 2
- WERD (Radio station : Atlanta, Ga.) 2
- Blayton family 1
- Brown, Paul E. X., 1910-2007 1
- Ebon 1